Hello ladies and gents! It’s time to talk about a fitness routine we discovered that worked really well for us.
J.: I have been training for years now but have never seen any satisfying results. So last year in December, I decided to workout a lot harder and challenge myself with some HIIT and other workouts. This was the time when Sazzy and I discovered Chloe Ting on Youtube. Chloe is a fashion and lifestyle blogger from Melbourne, Australia, and also one of the fittest (S.: fit in the sense of sportive) women we ever have seen! She does amazing workouts on Youtube which are filmed in real time, so you can actually train with her. We also discovered Pamela Reif who is a German model, influencer, book author and fitness guide in one. She’s such a lovely person, who always sends positive vibes on social media. Chloe Ting and Pamela Reif are the two „personal trainers” we discovered for ourselves, where we actually see and feel results in and on our bodies, so let’s jump straight into our favourite workout routines from them:
- First things first: The hardest HIT Training Sazzy and I have ever done – we lovingly call it the ICD/I-crave-death-workout. Actually titled „Intense Full Body Workout / Burn 400 Calories in 30 Min At Home“ In this 30 Minutes you can challenge yourself like you’ve never done before and there is always a low impact version to the exercises if you are new working out or just as bad as we are 😀
- „Inner Thigh Burn Workout / 15 Min Lean Thighs Workout“ it’s not only inner thighs though, it’s also outer. S.: I like to do it because I do have muscular outer thighs (thanks football/soccer) but a bit of jiggle on the inner thighs and I feel like it does its magic to some extent
if only I would manage to go back to eating healthy again😀
- The best butt workout we’ve ever done: „Grow Your Butt At Home / Lean Muscle / Booty Workout“ After doing this for the first times we decided to invest in elastic bands from Amazon and ankle weights to increase the intensity of our training.
- To combine Abs and Cardio we found this Workout great: „Intense Abs Workout / Lose Belly Fat Fast / Cardio Abs Workout Routine“. This isn’t a too intense Cardio Workout but after surviving the icd-workout, everything is possible 😀 I also love that this is a slightly older video, so you can see that she also started somewhere to become as athletic as she is now. This is pushing my self-esteem for all the workouts.
- little addition coming from S. to you: if, like me, you live in an apartement and don’t want your neighbours to complain about jumping and what not, here are two workouts that are quiet apartment workouts that can still be intense: NO JUMPING Workout / 10 Mins Full Body Workout / Quiet Apartment Workout and BURN THOSE CALORIES / At Home Cardio Workout / No Jumping
- When I’m telling Sazzy I’m doing my classic abs-routine today, she already knows what’s it gonna be: „10 Min Intense Ab Workout / No Equipment“ by Pamela Reif. There is a newer version online now (10 Min Sixpack Workout / No Equipment) but I like the older version more.
- She also did a intense booty workout, which will make your legs buuurn! „10 Min Booty Burn / No Equipment“ Pamela does amazing workouts when you only got 10 minutes left and let’s be honest, you usually always have 10 minutes left!
Our Pro-Tips for starting working out:
- First of all: There are no more excuses like: I’m too tired, I don’t want to, my favorite TV-show is on, etc… You need to pass this obstacle to get used to working out on a regular basis. You can do it! (And if you think you don’t just watch this motivational speak by Shia LaBeouf) [S.: I am the laziest person in the world and I don’t enjoy working out, so I usually get up and get it over with right away, so I can enjoy the rest of my day and after a month it was a routine I didn’t even think about twice. Still not exactly enjoying it, though)
- Set yourself a goal: would you like to train two or three times a week or even more? You decide how often you wanna workout. When you’re starting to get better or find the right motivation, you can increase the quantity of workouts pro week or set yourself a monthly goal, it’s totally up to you!
- What do you want to achieve? Would you like to loose weight? Great: Start doing Cardio (My lower belly fat is finally starting to go away by doing cardio! It is hard but try to see and feel the results on your body, I promise: They will show up! You only need a little bit of time) If you want to focus on your muscles: Search for exercises that specifically train these areas and maybe add some weight after time to keep yourself challenged.
- Try to look forward to working out. I started to persuade myself that working out is not a punishment but rather a thing I like to do which is good for myself and that I am having fun whilst doing it. I know you can’t change your mind from one second to another but you don’t have to see it as a punishment. When I’M struggling to find my motivation or keeping it up during the workout, I’m asking myself what I’m training for and my head goes: Abs, butt and loosing fat! Abs, butt and loosing fat! And to eat more cake without feeling guilty! After this we’re getting a cake! And I’m like: Yeah ok, I’m surviving this now! 😀 [S.: I want to pick up “guilty” here: never feel guilty about what you eat. Funnily I started feeling guilty about eating when I started working out in the first place. I started thinking “oh if I eat that, will I be able to train it off” and so on. And that is so wrong and so toxic. Especially since I don’t enjoy doing sports that much. So pleeeease, make sure you have the right mind-set and work on it, be safe and make sure to remember that there is so much more to you than your body even if society tells you otherwise! xx)
- What we would like to say is: Set yourself goals. There is no-one judging you by your work out or you getting in shape or being more healthy. There is just you, maybe stopping yourself from a potentially healthier future you. Work for your goals -whatever they may be- and you will achieve them, it only takes time and you!
Lots of love Sazzy and Joanie xx 🙂